How many times have you heard people say, “I don’t have anything to teach the world”? Truth is, the world is crawling with a massive number of knowledge bearers who have something or the other to teach, and an even bigger market of people who want to learn. Whether you wish to impart valuable knowledge on how to do gardening the right way, or learning how to effectively use a new software product in the market, the audience is ready to hear what you have to say. It doesn’t matter what part of the world you live in; as long as you have a laptop and an internet connection, you’re good to go!
The e-learning industry is set to exceed US $240 million by 2023, which makes building an online course quite the profitable side hustle. The problem, however, is this – what platform do you host your course on? Which podium will do justice to the hard work you’ve put into creating your course?
There are numerous third-party platforms and marketplaces like Coachrack, Teachable, Udemy, Kajabi, and SkillShare that cater to online coaches, offering features like shared revenue, site customization, and multiple plugins, among many others.
In this review, we dig deeper into the features and offerings of Coachrack.
A continually-evolving course building platform for instructors, Coachrack by Invanto lets you create exceptional learning experiences for your students by building online schools. Unlike many platforms where you’re limited to just one course per account, Coachrack lets you build unlimited courses, effortlessly manageable on a single dashboard. The platform supports text, audio and video formats, which makes it easy to elaborate your course in multiple modes, and make it as detailed as you want.
One of the coolest things about Coachrack is its free-of-cost customization feature, wherein, you have the ability to personalize your school with your own brand – right from the logo, colour scheme, and even URLs to access your school. This platform is available in every spoken language, which is incredibly crucial for coaches as it lets them communicate better with their students and enhance their overall learning experience.
- Content Editor
I really liked the fully-loaded Content Editor with an auto-save feature. Here, you can organize your content neatly using easy drag-and-drop handles.
- Lesson Resources
For my courses, I’m used to attaching additional material for my students. This feature is perfect if you wish to supplement your modules with reference material like videos, eBooks, PDFs, etc. as you want for further learning.
- Course Bundles
What an amazing up-sell strategy! This feature lets the user create bundles of relevant courses at discounted prices.
- Multiple Pricing
This is a great feature for coaches who wish to set multiple prices in multiple currencies for each course! For example, you can charge $200 for regular access, $500 for giving a certificate of completion.
- School and Sales Dashboard
One of my favorite features of Coachrack is that it provides a central dashboard to access your online schools. Here, you can check sales and student statistics, revenue forecast, etc. of any school without even opening it.
- Student Follow-up
Coachrack also lets you integrate autoresponders like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, and Aweber into your school. All you need to do is add your email form code to automatically add every student that purchases your course, and send automated email follow-up messages.
- Student Progress Tracker
This is where I spend most of my time! Through the progress indicator, I get instant information on how my students are progressing through my course.
- Completion Certificates
I don’t really use this feature as my courses aren’t certified, but you can use it to design your own certificates. Here, you will find a built-in templates library that you can pick from. Once you choose one, it will automatically display your logo, populate the date, course name, student name, and grades.
- Site Designer
A winner feature from Coachrack, this feature lets you change fonts, colors, images, logo, text, language, and more using a built-in site designer. Get designing!
- Email Templates
Wish to add a personal touch to outgoing messages for your members? This feature lets you customise your email templates and make communication all the more interesting.
- Business Insights
This very important feature provided to me a 360° view of all my students’ data, such as individual student orders, total refunds generated, net sales, and a complete timeline of their past actions.
- Manage Orders
From viewing all existing orders, order status, and total revenue to processing refunds, and block the student’s access with just a click, this feature is clearly a winner for online coaches.
- Student Rewards
Definitely, in my top-5 features, I used this one to build an engaging student community through a robust reward-based system. This not only promoted higher activity levels among my students but also kept their spirits high!
- No limits: Coachrack lets you build an unlimited number of courses in multiple schools, which makes it a better choice than other platforms where you either have to create a new account, or pay more to add more courses.
- One-time payment: Unlike other platforms where you have to keep paying to unlock features, Coachrack charges only once to unlock all features available at your disposal.
- Free manual addition of students: You can add students in your school free of cost.
- Free domain customisation: You can also customize your domain as per your desire, and won’t be charged for it.
- Automated translation designer: Coachrack supports every spoken language on the planet, which enables a better learning experience for your students. The provision is completely automated, so you don’t have to sit and manually translate your labels.
- Affiliate program: With Coachrack, you also have the provision of making money via AllyHut, wherein, you can create products, recruit your own affiliates, and manage commissions, sales, and more easily.
- Less intuitive: One of Coachrack’s biggest advantages is also a great disadvantage. The platform, as a whole, is a little less intuitive than its competitors because it offers the feature of course mapping. The same course can be mapped into multiple schools, which makes navigation more complicated.
- The limited number of payment gateways: Coachrack currently supports just two payment gateways – PayPal and Stripe.
- Coachrack’s biggest highlight is its provision of a single dashboard for all your schools. This eradicates multiple touch points and makes access extremely easy.
- Depending upon its relevance, you can map the same course in multiple schools. This makes for smart content recycling and erases the need to create a new course from scratch.
- Coachrack also allows you to repurpose your course content into a profit-pulling membership site via MemberFactory (another platform by Invanto), where you can offer your entire course as part of a program in drip format. The best thing? Your students can access the site using the same Coachrack login details.
- Coachrack goes beyond just being a course building platform. Through Invanto’s series of apps, you can extend your coaching business by selling your course as a digital product by adding features like customer support, affiliate program, and compliance.
The bottom line
With more pros than cons, Coachrack clearly stands out in a sea of course building platforms. Allowing more freedom to you as a business owner, it is highly recommended for entrepreneurs who want to take their coaching business to the next level. Start with a basic plan, create your first course, and work your way up to the world of features available at your disposal.
If you have any further questions about Coachrack, let me know in the comments below.